lunes, 26 de enero de 2009

The kite runner. Khaled Hosseini.


"The conversation inevitab]y turned to the Taliban. "Is it as bad as I hear?" I said.
"Nay, it's worse. Much worse," he said. "They don't let you be hu­man." He pointed to a scar above his right eye cutting a crooked path through his bushy eyebrow. "I was at a soccer game in Ghazi Stadium in 1998. Kabul against Mazar-i-Sharif, I think, and by the way the play­ers weren't allowed to wear shorts. Indecent exposure, I guess." He gave a tired laugh. "Anyway, Kabul scored a goal and the man next to me cheered loudly. Suddenly this young bearded fellow who was patrolling the aisles, eighteen years old at most by the look of him, he walked up to me and struck me on the forehead with the butt of his Kalashnikov.
Do that again and I'll cut out your tongue, you old donkey!' he said." Rahim Khan rubbed the scar with a gnarled finger. "I was old enough to be bis grandfather and I was sitting there, blood gushing down my face, apologizing to that son of a dog.""

No hay comentarios: